Like her sister ship, the sturdy Azamara Journey is a mid-sized beauty with a deck plan well-suited to the needs of modern voyagers. You”ll never feel crowded in the comfortable social spaces of our bars, restaurants, lounges, Casino and Cabaret. Nor will you feel like a sardine jammed in around the pool, where our attentive staff is always ready to offer a complimentary bottled water, soft drink or fresh towel. Staterooms feature modern amenities, furnishings, and European linens. And one of the greatest features of this ship is the large number of staterooms with verandas. There”s nothing better than opening your door to the fresh sea air and views. Azamara”s friendly ships are an altogether wonderful place to call your home away from home!
Spa and Fitness Center
If you have ever wished for a free week or two to reboot, this is it. Treat yourself to health, beauty and exotic massage treatments at the spa. Launch a new personal training regimen, give acupuncture a try, and relax with sunset yoga. A voyage is a great time to fit in all the things you never have time for at home. It is also a great opportunity to try something new.
On Azamara you will be impressed by the array of complimentary onboard fitness and nutrition classes. Do something different every day of the week! For additional cost, you can also boost results with personal one-on-one instruction and services.
- Thalassotherapy bath: A private spa deck with a bubbling saltwater bath and powerful massage jets.
- Facial Glow services: State of the art skin care and restorative facials.
- Massage therapy: Hot stone therapy, deep tissue massage, Swedish massage and other exotic massage treatments from around the world.
- Body sculpting: Seaweed wraps, cellulite reduction body sculpting, lime and ginger salt glows, and more.
- Spa rituals: Half and full-day packages including body sculpting, facials and massage.
- Teeth whitening services.
Our full service salon offers a menu of professional services for men and women, including:
- Hair styling and care including cuts, coloring, highlights and color correction.
- Manicures and pedicures.
- Salon favorites: Special packages of hair and scalp renewing rituals, milk-and-honey manicures and pedicures with massages, and barbering and grooming services.
Fitness Center and Personal Training
The secret to maintaining vitality? Exercise more. Many Azamara guests are eager to do just that, and we make it easy with complimentary group classes like sunset yoga on the deck, Pilates, cycling, core workouts, and nutrition classes.
Not the class type? Then head to our well-equipped Fitness Center filled with lifecycles, treadmills, stair-steppers and weights and work out at your own pace as you enjoy spectacular ocean views.
Ramp up the benefits with specialized training (for additional cost):
- Customized personal training: Certified personal trainers will work with you to develop a customized workout plan and lead you through individualized instruction. Take written material back home and keep it up! Customized Pilates instruction is also available.
- Body Sculpt Boot Camp: Offered by the spa, this get-fit boot camp includes individual analysis with a personal trainer and four supervised group workouts.
A voyage is a great time to experience the benefits of this ancient Chinese system of healing. Acupuncture strengthens the immune system, fights disease and controls pain while dissolving accumulated stress and restoring the body’s natural balance and energy.
Azamaras acupuncturists are experienced practitioners licensed by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. A variety of treatments are available for pain management, smoking cessation, weight loss, stress reduction and more. After just one session, you may notice immediate benefits in circulation, heart, stomach, skin and mood. Please inquire at the Spa for scheduling and pricing.
Specialized services include:
- Acu-Lift: A safe, painless and effective rejuvenating treatment for the face and body. This treatment improves muscle tone, increases circulation and cellular metabolism, and stimulates the natural production of collagen and elastin. You’ll see a more youthful look in moments, and improvements in skin texture and smoothness.
- Nutritional Consultation: These hour-long nutritional consultations start with a thorough investigation into your diet and lifestyle. You’ll come away with a personalized diet plan based on current nutritional research and a Chinese medical diagnosis. Personal physical concerns and constitutional sensitivities will be addressed, and you will have a pathway to better health.
Our acupuncture program at sea can also address chronic issues with supplemental nutritional advice. Only the purest, highest quality, chemical-free herbs are used to create these formulas. Most of the herbs used in production are organically grown to ensure safety and efficacy.
Refurbished in late 2012 and early 2013, the Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest feature sparkling accommodations, 24-hour room service, a variety of dining experiences and bars, a full-service spa, fitness center and pool. Guests also enjoy evening entertainment in the Casino, Cabaret Lounge and Mosaic Night. Complimentary daytime classes include yoga, nutrition and fitness instruction, travel seminars, cooking demonstrations and other activities tailored to specific regions. Three onboard shops offer everything from sundries and logo wear to exquisite jewelry and one-of-a-kind gifts.
Azamara Club Cruises’ two boutique-style ships carry just under 700 guests, with a one-to-two staff to guest ratio. And you’ll love the fact that 93% of the staterooms offer ocean views and 68% have a private veranda.
Azamara Club Cruises staff and crew
Destination-rich travel experiences bring guests onboard, but Azamara’s outgoing staff and crew bring them back. Service is prompt and attentive, and the staff and crew quickly learn guests’ tastes and preferences. The onboard atmosphere is genuinely friendly, with senior officers and crew mingling easily with guests. Azamara’s club-like community appeals to couples, singles and grown families.
Azamara offers a choice of six distinctive dining options, including room service. Whether you are a fan of haute cuisine or down-home cooking, you’ll love the quality reflected in the fresh ingredients, careful preparation, and variety of menu choices
Lets have a taste.
Specialty Dining & Fine Wines
Azamara proudly features two specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina. Specialty dining is complimentary for suite guests (Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites and Club Continent Suites). For others, there is a $25 per-person cover. Reservations are highly recommended.
Youll love the contemporary, inventive Italian cuisine at Aqualina, with two new rotating menus introduced in Autumn 2014. Enjoy a fresh experience of Italys most famous dishes including pastas, poultry, fish and veal. Starters include beef tenderloin carpaccio with orange oil, lobster ravioli, and seared tuna wrapped in veal, followed by second courses such as sweet pea and fennel soup or delicious salads of watermelon and tomato or arugula and radicchio with prosciutto chips. Main courses include forest mushroom risotto, a perfectly grilled veal chop, a Venetian seafood platter or delicate dover sole. Save room for Azamaras famous desserts like marsala custard, lemon souffle, tiramisu and chocolate torte.
- Prime C
Settle in for a marvelous evening at Azamaras classic wood-paneled steakhouse with stunning views and lush autumn decor. The menu includes steaks in a variety of cuts cooked to perfection, along with starters like crab cakes with remoulade, lobster bisque, wedge salad with bacon and blue cheese, and more. Other entree choices may include lamb, pork, veal chops, game hens and seafood. Indulge in the famous mini cinnamon-sugar donuts with a trio of dipping sauces for dessert.
- The Wine Cellar
From France to California, and Argentina to South Africa, the Azamara Wine Cellar will delight your palate with an 8,000-bottle collection of limited production, small label and rare vintage wines. Our knowledgeable sommeliers will help you pick the perfect wines for your evening meal. And be sure to look to the daily onboard news for Wine Corner gatherings in the Mosaic Cafe, when you can discover and sip new wines with the sommelier’s guidance.
- Discoveries Restaurant
With a wide variety of nightly selections like filet mignon with black truffle sauce, Discoveries Restaurant is a hands-down favorite for an elegant yet lively dining scene. Reservations are not accepted, and you have the choice of being seated at a table for two or as part of a larger group of fellow guests (which is a great way to meet new people). Discoveries Bar is also a great gathering spot for drinks before or after dinner.
Casual Dining & Snacks
- Windows Cafe
Take in the fresh breeze at an outdoor table in Windows Cafe, our casual buffet offering made-to-order breakfasts and a large variety of lunch and dinner options. Choices change daily and include fresh sushi, stir-fries and pastas, salads, smoked lox and other cold fish, a carving station and sumptuous desserts.
There’s more: Don’t miss the buffets! Indian, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, and other regional cuisine. Our international crew takes pride in their native cuisine and it shows.
- Pool Grill: Dine poolside on made-to-order fish-kabobs, burgers, fries and salads.There is more: Do not miss the famous pool deck parties, when servers may include a few friendly officers. These parties are legendary for great food, music and conviviality.
- Mosaic Cafe: Sink into a comfortable chair at the Mosaic Cafe and enjoy an espresso or hot tea with fresh biscotti, tea sandwiches or scones-on the house, of course. Centrally located on deck five, the Mosaic’s congenial service and atmosphere make it a favorite gathering spot for conversation, cards and trivia games.
- Looking Glass: Mid-afternoon is tea-time in the Looking Glass Lounge. Refresh yourself with elegant pastries, hand-made tea sandwiches, and tea or champagne while enjoying the beautiful views.
- Room service
- The best time for room service? Whenever you say it is, 24-hours a day.Order from the full breakfast menu between 6:30 AM and 10:00 AM, and we’ll deliver at your appointed time. Lunch and dinner room service features a menu of hearty soups, fresh salads, gourmet sandwiches, pizzas and desserts.
Dining: What (And What Not) To Wear
In all of our dining rooms, we encourage guests to follow a resort casual dress code, following good taste and common sense.
- Bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the main dining room or two specialty restaurant
Azamara Journey features a host of settings and experiences
Soak up the sounds of a grand piano as you share an intimate nightcap in this locale. The rich tones and deep, welcoming chairs of Michael’s Club make it the ideal place to savor a single-malt scotch or late-evening cordial.
The sophisticated Martini Bar offers 20 variations of this famous libation. Gather with friends to warm up the evening before dinner or celebrate all in this trendy hot spot before heading over to the disco.
We know that you will want to share your cruise experience with your friends and family – before you return home. Visit our on-board Internet stations and send an email.
Relax in our impressive Aqua Spa and let us transport you to a whole new world with treatments inspired by rituals from exotic cultures. Discover a state of complete tranquility as you experience the most luxurious spa afloat.
Lounges and Entertainment
The Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest offer a variety of ways to relax after a day onshore and to unwind with long days at sea. Venues are the same on both ships.
Located just outside the main restaurant on both ships, this congenial bar is a great place for pre- and post-dinner conversation and drinks. Relax with full bar service and the entertaining banter of Azamara’s friendly bartenders.
Mosaic Cafe and Mosaic@Night
This centrally located coffee and tea bar is a favorite onboard gathering place at all hours of day and night. A great place to grab a steaming latte and fresh baked breads and pastries if you’re heading out early in the morning…also perfect for afternoon tea, pastries and lively trivia games. After dinner, Mosaic@Night is a terrific place to socialize with live music and a selection of fine liqueurs.
Looking Glass Lounge
Floor to ceiling views and Murano glass lighting set the mood for this elegant evening club featuring live music or recorded dance tunes. Occasionally the Looking Glass features special local music and dance performances, culinary classes and other onboard demonstrations.
Enjoy live performances of professional full-stage musical revues, classical soloists, bands and other entertainment in a cabaret nightclub with a full bar and cozy tables for two. You might see as many as three distinctly different shows while onboard.
The Casino will keep you entertained with blackjack, roulette, slot machines, and three-card poker games. Group and individual gaming lessons are offered at no charge. And sports fans will find a flat-screen TV and full bar, making the Casino a great place to follow your favorite teams.
Azamara Club Cruises’ famous poolside buffet and party is held at least once on every cruise (weather permitting). Colorful decor and linen-draped tables, a fabulous buffet feast, and select spirits, beers and wine on the house make this an event like no other. Dance late into the night as the live band kicks in after dinner.
- The Journey Shop/The Quest Shop: Sundries, casual wear and swim fashions, sunglasses, accessories, music and shipboard keepsakes.
- Indulgences. An exquisite selection of fine jewelry, watches, and other pieces from iconic jewelry-makers. There’s something here to delight even the most discriminating tastes.
- The Photo Shop. Camera supplies including batteries and digital memory cards. The shop displays photos available for purchase of the previous day’s events, taken by the ship’s roving photographer.
- Le Boutique. A discrete shopping experience with a focus on fine jewelry and gifts. Located by the concierge desk, guests enjoy personalized shopping with one-on-one assistance from the concierge.
- Occupancy: 694
- Tonnage: 30,277
- Length: 593 feet
- Beam: 95 feet
- Cruise Speed: 18.5 knots
- Electric current: 110/220 AC
- Refurbished: 2016
- Officers and Crew: 408 Officers, Crew and Staff