Locking in your cruise can be a huge decision financially, so it only makes sense that you might have a few questions before hitting ‘book’. Our experienced team has compiled a detailed list of payment-related frequently asked questions that customers over the years have asked. Be sure to thoroughly read through these questions before finalising your bucket-list voyage. For general questions, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page and our COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions page.
1. How do I pay for my cruise? What are the deposit and final payment requirements?
We always recommend using a credit/debit card, as it’s secure, quick and convenient, and allows you to take advantage of any benefits available to you by your credit card provider.
There are strict timelines that we need to adhere to when it comes to deposit payments and we will ask for a credit/debit card at the time of booking.
Final payment is normally required within 3-4 months prior to sailing unless you have taken advantage of Cruise Guru’s reduced deposit feature, where final payment is required a little earlier which is 6-7 months prior to sailing. These due dates can be found on your confirmation email or invoice that you have received for your booking. Final payments can be made by credit/debit card (surcharge will apply) or you can take advantage of our fee-free options which are POLiPay or Direct Transfer.
2. When are credit card fees applicable?
For Visa and MasterCard, the first initial payment, whether that be for a deposit or full payment in one go, is free of surcharge. All other payments made after the first initial payment will incur a 1.3% surcharge.
All payments made with American Express will incur a 2% surcharge at the time of payment.
3. Will my card that was used for my deposit, be automatically charged on the final payment date if there is any outstanding balance due?
Yes, for your convenience, we will charge your credit card automatically on the due date as shown on your invoice if there is any outstanding balance due.
Please ensure your account has enough available credit. Please note that credit card fees are applicable of 1.3% for Visa and MasterCard and 2% for American Express.
If you do not wish for us to make this charge, please contact us as early as possible to receive alternative fee-free options.
4. What if I want to use a different card or multiple cards?
To make any changes regarding payment for your cruise, we ask that you contact our team on 13 13 03 to provide updated card details or to make payment on multiple cards.
5. Do I receive a reminder for my final payment?
You will receive two final payment reminders via email. The first reminder is sent 21 days prior to the final payment date on your documents and the second and last one is sent 7 days prior. Please ensure that your email address is up to date with us.
6. Is there a way to pay my cruise off early?
We offer a Cruise Payment Plan so that you can manage your bills with ease by paying for your holiday in four equal instalments. The Cruise Payment plan is set up with POLipay and a new link will be sent to you every time an instalment payment is due.
Follow this link to register today: https://www.cruiseguru.com.au/cruise-payment-plan/
Important things to note:
- Cruise Payment Plan is only available once a full deposit (or the 2nd deposit for P&O Australia’s $1pp deposit bookings) has been made on the booking.
- A cruise payment plan is only available up to 4 weeks prior to the final payment date.
- If this option does not work for you, we ask that you contact our reservations team on 13 13 03 to receive alternative options.
7. What is POLiPay?
POLiPay is a leading Australia Post-owned secure and trusted online payment system that is used by merchants and customers in Australia and New Zealand, including Qantas and Virgin Australia. It offers a secure fee-free alternative to PayPal, BPAY and credit cards by giving customers the option to pay from their internet banking. Since details of the transfer such as BSB and account number are pre-populated, it eliminates any chance of any details being typed incorrectly and payment going missing.
POLi places a lot of importance on the security of its software. It does not capture sensitive information such as user name or password. POLiPay undertakes regular security reviews to ensure that they meet all modern security standards.
8. How does POLiPay work?
Customers will be required to use their bank details to log in to their internet banking via POLi’s user interface and transfer funds to Cruise Guru’s account. The amount, reference information and banking details are pre-populated ensuring there are no reconciliation errors or missing payments.
- Click on the POLiPay link that is emailed to you from Cruise Guru in the final payment reminder, which is sent 7 days prior to the final payment due date
- Select your bank and click proceed with payment
- Log into your internet banking through the POLiPay portal
- Follow the prompts to complete the Pay Anyone transaction (may include selecting an account or entering second-factor information)
- Complete the payment and receive your receipt
- Cruise Guru will also send a copy of your invoice within 72 hours
9. What happens if my bank is not available on POLiPay?
If your bank is not mentioned below, we ask that you contact our team on 13 13 03 to provide an alternative fee-free option.
- Australian Banks
- Bank of Queensland
- Bendigo Bank
- Commonwealth Bank
- Great Southern Bank
- IMB Building Society
- ME Bank
- Newcastle Permanent
- People’s Choice Credit Union
10. When do I receive the Polipay link?
You will be sent a Final Payment Reminder email that will include a POLiPay link for your final payment due. This email will be received 7 days prior to the final payment date indicated on your Cruise Guru documents.
Please note that this link will expire within 5 days from the date received.
If you miss the POLiPay link deadline, please contact our team immediately to receive alternative options.