View all Viking Akun cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Akun was, according to ancient sources, one of two sons of Djilki who was an older brother of the Viking leader, Rurik. In the 9th century, they travelled from Scandinavia to settle in the area we know today as Kiev in Ukraine.
The Viking fleet in Russia and Eastern Europe offers exceptional ambience with all the comforts of a fine hotel. Enjoy spacious staterooms and suites, an inviting restaurant and beautiful public spaces on elegant ships that set a new standard of river cruising excellence in the region.
Viking Akun Features
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Suites are 400 square feet, have 2 flat-panel TVs & panoramic windows
- Most Deluxe staterooms & Suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All Suites & Cat AX-BX staterooms have a veranda
- All CX-DX staterooms have a large picture window that opens
- Private, modern bathrooms with separate shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Sony 26″ flat-panel TV with CNBC, CNN, BBC & more
- Telephone, safe, refrigerator, hair dryer & air conditioning
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sundeck with shaded sitting area
- A walk-around, open-air promenade
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Observation lounge and two bars with panoramic windows
- Free internet service
- Doctor on board
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
For breakfast onboard Viking Akun, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
Regional cuisine workshops, a folklore presentation or a classic opera or ballet performance. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.