Cruise the Yangtze River on Viking Emerald, a state-of-the-art river cruise vessel. Accommodating 256 guests with full verandas, hotel-style beds in every spacious suite and stateroom, public areas bathed in light and an English-speaking crew, Viking Emerald is one of the most sophisticated river ships sailing the region.
Viking Emerald Features
- Explorer Suites are 603 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, 2 flatpanel TVs, bathtub/shower, refrigerator, panoramic windows & wraparound veranda
- All staterooms & Suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All staterooms have a veranda with sliding glass doors
- Private bathroom with shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Flat-panel TV with CNN & more
- Telephone, safe hair dryer & air conditioning
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- 2 elevators
- Observation lounge & bar
- Onboard boutique & tailor; library
- Free Internet service
- State-of-the-art Western kitchen offers a choice of expertly prepared Asian and European cuisines
- Hotel & catering services overseen by Vikings Swiss management
- Doctor & hairdresser on board
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
For breakfast onboard Viking Emerald, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course gourmet menu with regional specialties. You can also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe revue, a Hubei bronze bells performance, Tibetan family tea, porcelain-making demonstrations, and visiting with children at a local school. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the Three Gorges Dam, China’s dynasties, a history of Chinese culture, the Great Wall of China, the Terra Cotta Warriors, and key words and phrases in the Chinese language. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
- Built: 2011
- Length: 361 ft.
- Guests: 264
- Decks: 5
- Staterooms: 132 (2 Presidential suites, 14 suites, 4 Jr. suites, 132 deluxe)
Currently the information on these cruises are not available online. Please contact us for more information on this ship.