View all Viking Truvor cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Truvor, whose name means “our faithful,” took charge of Izborsk, an area near what is now Russia’s border with Estonia, controlling these lands for Kievan Rus.
Completely refurbished in 2013, the Viking fleet in Russia and Eastern Europe offers exceptional ambiance with all the comforts of a fine hotel. Enjoy spacious staterooms and suites, an inviting restaurant and beautiful public spaces on elegant ships that set a new standard of river cruising excellence in the region.
Viking Truvor Features
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Suites have 2 flat-panel TVs & panoramic windows
- Most Deluxe staterooms & Suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All Suites & Cat AX-BX staterooms have a veranda
- All CX-DX staterooms have a large picture window that opens
- Private, modern bathrooms with separate shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Sony 26 flat-panel TV with CNBC, CNN, BBC & more
- Telephone, safe, refrigerator, hair dryer & air conditioning
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- A walk-around, open air promenade deck
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Observation lounge & two bars with panoramic windows
- Free internet service
- Doctor on board
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
Regional cuisine workshops. A Bulgarian folklore presentation. A classic opera or ballet performance. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include Romanian and Bulgarian history, the Orthodox Church, the Vikings in Europe, and key words and phrases in local languages. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
We have high standards for the English-speaking crews on board our ships. We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors. Proprietary training programs are implemented by our Swiss management team to ensure we always provide the level of service you would find in a fine hotel. The Viking team brings you a level of expertise other companies cannot match.
- Year built: 1987
- Refurbished: 2013
- Length: 423 ft
- Decks: 3
- Crew: 115
- Passengers: 204
- Decks: 5
- Staterooms: 102 (2 Suites, 2 Jr. Suites, 67 Veranda, 31 Deluxe)