View all Viking Hemming cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Hemming – Danish King & Peacemaker
Hemming was a Danish king for only two years, but his reign helped shape the future of Franco-Danish relations immeasurably. He was best known for signing the Treaty of Heiligen with the Frankish emperor Charlemagne in 811.
These intimate ships were custom built to sail Portugal”s Douro River, with state-of-the-art engineering, deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. Like our Viking Longships, you can choose from a variety of stateroom classes, all with sweeping river views.
Viking Hemming Features
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Veranda Suites are 302 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, a full veranda & French balcony & 2 flat-panel TVs
- All Upper & Middle deck staterooms have a full veranda or French balcony
- All staterooms & suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- Private bathroom with shower; premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- 40″ flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus FOX, National Geographic & more
- Telephone, safe, hair dryer & individual climate control
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Observation lounge & bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead to an open air Aquavit Terrace
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views and an al fresco restaurant
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area and al fresco dining area, swimming pool, organic herb garden, solar panels & putting green
- Library corner & onboard boutique
- Free wireless Internet
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
The Viking standard
We have high standards for the English-speaking crews on board our ships. We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors. Proprietary training programs are implemented by our Swiss management team to ensure we always provide the level of service you would find in a fine hotel. The Viking team brings you a level of expertise other companies cannot match.
We manage everything
Best of all, there is no need to do research or make arrangements in advance. We take care of all the detailstransportation, reservations, entry fees and more. You return home enriched with wonderful memories.
Visit port wine-making facilities along the Douro, tour Lisbon’s Bairro Alto, dine at a centuries-old monastery converted to a museum, enjoy a Portuguese folkloric show and a Spanish flamenco performance, and tour the Mateus Palace and its spectacular gardens. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the long history of the Iberian Peninsula, port wine viticulture,cultural influences on the area’s art and architecture, the European pilgrimage tradition, and Fado, flamenco and other music and dance traditions. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Services aboard Viking Hemming
While you are aboard a Viking ship, you enjoy myriad services, from shipwide wi-fi service to laundry to complimentary bottled water. See the About Your Trip section of our website for detailed answers to your questions; you can select On the Ship from the dropdown menu for an alphabetical listing of onboard information.
An onboard daily newsletter, Viking Daily, featuring information about daily activities, shore excursions and tour departure times is delivered to your stateroom every evening.
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
- Year Built: 2014
- Length: 262 ft.
- Crew: 36
- Guests: 106
- Decks: 4
- Staterooms: 53
- Veranda Suite: 11
- Veranda: 23
- French Balcony: 3
- Standard: 16
Currently the information on these cruises are not available online. Please contact us for more information on this ship.