A diamond of light
The design, high quality and refined materials, new attractions and amazing architectural solutions make Costa Luminosa the ship of light, full of charm, both sophisticated and innovative at the same time. Created to dazzle and provide unforgettable moments, the ship is the diamond in the Costa fleet.
Recommended For You
Special, like all Costa ships
Exciting new developments, but also the traditional attractions of the Costa fleet’s ships: Costa Luminosa offers all the pleasures of Samsara Spa, an oasis of well-being more than two thousand metres in area, a thrilling Formula 1 simulator, a giant eighteen metre square movie screen, and a sliding glass roof to enable you to enjoy life on deck during the evenings.
The thrill of transparency
Golden reflections, the sparkle of iridescent materials, the enchantment of lighting and see-through effects: Costa Luminosa transforms light into emotion and makes transparency an exciting experience. The new Club Restaurant, where you can see right into the large kitchen, is not the least of these surprises.
1,130 cabins in total, including: 52 with direct access to the spa, 662 with private balcony, 106 suites, all with private balcony, 4 suites with direct access to the spa
Restaurants & Bars
- 4 restaurants, including the Club Restaurant and the Samsara Restaurant at an additional charge and by reservation only
- 11 bars, including a Cigar Lounge and a Coffee & Chocolate Bar
Wellness & Sport
- Samsara Spa: 3,500 m2 on two levels, with gym, baths, thalassotherapy pool, treatment rooms, sauna, Turkish bath, UVA-ray solarium, Cabins and Suites
- 4 Jacuzzis
- 3 pools, including one with a retractable cover
- Multi-purpose sports pitch
- Outdoor jogging and roller skating tracks
- 4D Cinema
- Grand Bar with dance floor
- Internet Point
- Shopping Center
- Theater on three levels
- Casino Disco
- Grand Prix Simulator with single-seater racing car
- Pool deck with retractable glass roof and giant screen
- Virtual World, Squok Club, Children’s pool
Costa Luminosa (2009) anticipates contemporary design trends and devotes plenty of space to contemporary figurative art, with 288 original works and 4,733 prints on board.
An Island of Comfort
The most innovative and panoramic of the Costa ships, Costa Luminosa boasts the highest percentage of cabins with balconies 772 out of a total of 1,130 designed to ensure you experience all the excitement of your cruise. And there is more: the suites and balconies are more spacious, to provide our guests with even greater comfort on board.
An intoxication of green, against the blue of the sea
Thirty-seven real courses inspired the 18-hole course of Costa Luminosa’s golf simulator, the most sophisticated on any cruise ship. Experience a new dimension of greenness.
Entertainment with lights
An outstanding theatre using LED technology and seating more than eight hundred spectators, spectacular lighting effects to accompany evening performances, and the absolute novelty of a 4D cinema for those seeking visual thrills: Costa Luminosa is the one and only cruise ship to make light a new form of entertainment.
- Built in: 2009
- Passenger Capacity: 2,260 (Double Occupancy)
- Number of Crew: 1050
- Total Cabins:1,130 (23 for Handicapped Guests)
- Tonnage: 92,600 t
- Lenght: 965 ft
- Width:106 ft
- Decks:17 (13 for Guests Use)
- Max Speed:23 knots
- Cruising Speed:21.5 knots