Viking Helgrim cruises on the Douro River in Portugal. Unfortunately these cruises are unable to be booked online. Please contact our Cruise Guru team on 13 13 03 for any bookings or enquiries.
Helgrim – Viking emissary to Athelstan of Wessex
Helgrim co-led the first recorded mission from Norway to England at the command of Harald I, King of Norway. Harald corresponded with Athelstan, King of Wessex, and the Norwegian king dispatched Helgrim and Osfrid to sail to England and deliver Harald’s gift of a fine ship.
These intimate ships were custom built to sail Portugal’s Douro River, with state-of-the-art engineering, deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. Like our Viking Longships, you can choose from a variety of stateroom classes, all with sweeping river views.
Viking Helgrim Features
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Veranda Suites are 302 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, a full veranda & French balcony & 2 flat-panel TVs
- All Upper & Middle deck staterooms have a full veranda or French balcony
- All staterooms & suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- Private bathroom with shower; premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- 40″ flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus FOX, National Geographic & more
- Telephone, safe, hair dryer & individual climate control
- Bottled water replenished daily
- The Lounge & bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead to an open air Aquavit Terrace
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views and an al fresco restaurant
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area and al fresco dining area, swimming pool, organic herb garden, solar panels & putting green
- Library corner & onboard boutique
- Free wireless Internet
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
Currently the information on these cruises are not available online. Please contact us for more information on this ship.