View all Viking Rolf cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Rolf – Symbol of Courage
One of the oldest of all Nordic-Viking names, “Rolf” came from “Hrodwulf,” a Dark Ages appellation when mostly pagan names tended to extol virtues. One of the most famous kings of antiquity, Rolf, gained renown in warfare by assembling the most celebrated warriors of the North known as Rolf’s Twelve Champions. Equally famous was “Rolf the Ganger,” or “Marching Rolf,” a Viking chief who sailed the Seine and surrounded Paris.
Sailing our most popular itineraries, our award-winning Viking Longships showcase innovative engineering, streamlined design and understated elegance for the most comfortable river cruise experience available.
Viking Rolf Features
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation Lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories F and E
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40″ flat-panel Sony TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more
Revolutionary in concept and design, this spacious outdoor seating area at the bow of the ship is perfect for having a casual meal al fresco, meeting friends for drinks or reading a book, all while enjoying breathtaking views and basking in the fresh air.
Located in the Lounge, the bar is lively and inviting – a gathering place for guests to view the scenery, have a drink and catch up on the day with friends.
Gaze at breathtaking scenery through the Restaurants panoramic windows as you dine on regional specialties and contemporary cuisine. The atmosphere is casual yet elegant, with high-quality table linens, china, cutlery and glassware at every meal.
Light and airy, the ship’s soaring atrium-style lobby rivals those of the finest hotels.