View all Viking Egil cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Egil – Warrior Poet
Egil is one of the most memorable Vikings to appear in the Old Norse sagas. Combining courage and brawn with high intelligence, Egil embodied ethicality and composed intricately beautiful poetry. Today, Egil personifies the Viking spirit to travel to the unknown world.
Viking Egil Features
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation Lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories F and E
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40″ flat-panel Sony TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more
Exceptional accommodations aboard the newest, most deluxe river cruise fleet include our spacious Explorer Suites – featuring separate sleeping and sitting quarters, a wraparound veranda with 270 degree views, a French balcony and modern amenities.
Revolutionary in concept and design, this spacious outdoor seating area at the bow of the ship is perfect for having a casual meal al fresco, meeting friends for drinks or reading a book, all while enjoying breathtaking views and basking in the fresh air.
Boasting sweeping river views, our Veranda Staterooms are comfortable and airy, with hotel-style beds, a private bathroom, roomy closets and storage space, and amenities like flat-panel TVs and premium bath products.
Located in the Lounge, the bar is lively and inviting – a gathering place for guests to view the scenery, have a drink and catch up on the day with friends.
Gaze at breathtaking scenery through the Restaurants panoramic windows as you dine on regional specialties and contemporary cuisine. The atmosphere is casual yet elegant, with high-quality table linens, china, cutlery and glassware at every meal.
Light and airy, the ship’s soaring atrium-style lobby rivals those of the finest hotels.