View all Viking Hild cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Hild – Giver of Everlasting Life
Also known as Hildr, the great and powerful Norse goddess Hild was one of the legendary Valkyries.
Viking Hild Features
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- The Lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories F and E
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40″ flat-panel Sony TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more
Hands-on demonstrations, cooking classes, traditional dance performances, and local tastings. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard informative lectures to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the Dutch Masters or French Impressionists, castles along the Rhine Valley, the formation of the European Union, the life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the wine and cuisine of southern France, and key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are traveling. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Indulge in attentive table service in the upscale Restaurant as you sail into your next port. Greet the morning with a sumptuous buffet. Enjoy a savory soup and a light salad midday. Come evening, settle in for a relaxed, multi-course fine-dining experience. Open seating allows you to dine with the same guests or meet someone new each day. If you wish, enjoy a more casual meal, from a breakfast croissant to lighter evening fare, on the Sun Deck or outdoor Aquavit Terrace, our al fresco dining area at the bow of the ship.
An onboard daily newsletter, Viking Daily, featuring information about daily activities, shore excursions and tour departure times is delivered to your stateroom every evening.
When you have the best people, you have the best serviceand Viking has both. Our English-speaking staff is trained to the highest standards.