View all Viking Alruna cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Alruna – A Valkyrie
The daughter of Kjárr of Valland, Alruna (Ölrún in Old Norse) was one of three Valkyries spinning linen on the shore of Wolf Lake, when they were spotted by three brothers who lived nearby. Alruna and Egil, one of the brothers, lived together for seven winters, until Alruna flew off to battle, never to return.
Sailing our most popular itineraries, our award-winning Viking Longships showcase innovative engineering, streamlined design and understated elegance for the most comfortable river cruise experience available.
Viking Alruna Features
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation Lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories F and E
- Free shipwide wireless Internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40″ flat-panel Sony TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more
Let our staff treat you to personalized service, fine wines and delicious, regional cuisine. Engage in immersive cultural activities. Take advantage of our wide array of amenities, from our onboard Concierge to shipwide Wi-Fi and 24-hour beverage bar.
To complement your onshore excursions, take part in immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore.
Our chefs create a variety of tasty offerings for you, with freshly prepared seasonal local vegetables, European specialties adapted to satisfy the tastes of our guests and homemade soups prepared daily.
While you are aboard a Viking ship, you enjoy myriad services, from shipwide Wi-Fi to complimentary cappuccino, coffee and tea at our 24-hour beverage bar.
We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors.
Viking Alruna Highlights
Exceptional accommodations aboard the newest, most deluxe river cruise fleet include our spacious Explorer Suites – featuring separate sleeping and sitting quarters, a wraparound veranda with 270 degree views, a French balcony and modern amenities.
Revolutionary in concept and design, this spacious outdoor seating area at the bow of the ship is perfect for having a casual meal al fresco, meeting friends for drinks or reading a book, all while enjoying breathtaking views and basking in the fresh air.
Boasting sweeping river views, our Veranda Staterooms are comfortable and airy, with hotel-style beds, a private bathroom, roomy closets and storage space, and amenities like flat-panel TVs and premium bath products.
Located in the Lounge, the bar is lively and inviting – a gathering place for guests to view the scenery, have a drink and catch up on the day with friends.
Gaze at breathtaking scenery through the Restaurants panoramic windows as you dine on regional specialties and contemporary cuisine. The atmosphere is casual yet elegant, with high-quality table linens, china, cutlery and glassware at every meal.
Light and airy, the ship’s soaring atrium-style lobby rivals those of the finest hotels.