Idi – Norse Frost Giant
Idi, the frost giant, is the brother of Thjazzi and Gangr, and the son of Olvadi who was extremely rich in gold. When Olvadi died, he left such a vast amount of gold that no scale could measure it. To divide their inheritance, Idi and his brothers each take as much gold as their giant mouths will hold.
Sailing our most popular itineraries, our award-winning Viking Longships showcase innovative engineering, streamlined design and understated elegance for the most comfortable river cruise experience available.
Viking Idi Features
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, chess and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining
- Observation lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 42″ flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic and more
Services aboard Viking Idi
While you are aboard a Viking ship, you enjoy myriad services, from shipwide wi-fi service to laundry to complimentary bottled water. See the About Your Trip section of our website for detailed answers to your questions; you can select On the Ship from the dropdown menu for an alphabetical listing of onboard information.
An onboard daily newsletter, Viking Daily, featuring information about daily activities, shore excursions and tour departure times is delivered to your stateroom every evening.
Hands-on demonstrations, cooking classes, traditional dance performances, and local tastings. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the Dutch Masters or French impressionists, castles along the Rhine Valley, the formation of the European Union, the life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the wine and cuisine of southern France, and key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are traveling. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
The Viking standard
We have high standards for the English-speaking crews on board our ships. We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors. Proprietary training programs are implemented by our Swiss management team to ensure we always provide the level of service you would find in a fine hotel. The Viking team brings you a level of expertise other companies cannot match.
We manage everything
Best of all, there is no need to do research or make arrangements in advance. We take care of all the detailsÂtransportation, reservations, entry fees and more. You return home enriched with wonderful memories.
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
- Year Built: 2012/2013/2014
- Length: 443 ft.
- Crew: 50
- Guests: 190
- Decks: 4
- Staterooms: 95
- Explorer Suites: 2
- Veranda Suite: 7
- Veranda: 39
- French Balcony: 22
- Standard: 25