View all Viking Torgil cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Torgil – Danish Explorer
An alleged son of the Danish King Harald, Torgil sailed westward to Bretland (Wales and western England), Portugal and Ireland. According to Viking history, he and his brother Frode were the first Northmen to conquer Dublin. Torgil lived to be king of Dublin for many years.
These intimate ships were custom built to sail Portugal’s Douro River, with state-of-the-art engineering, deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. Like our Viking Longships, you can choose from a variety of stateroom classes, all with sweeping river views.
Viking Torgil Features
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Veranda Suites have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, a full veranda & French balcony & 2 flat-panel TVs
- All Upper & Middle deck staterooms have a full veranda or French balcony
- All staterooms & suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- Private bathroom with shower; premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- 40″ flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus FOX, National Geographic & more
- Telephone, safe, hair dryer & individual climate control
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Observation lounge & bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead to an open air Aquavit Terrace
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views and an al fresco restaurant
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area and al fresco dining area, swimming pool, organic herb garden, solar panels & putting green
- Library corner & onboard boutique
- Free wireless Internet
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Learn about:
- The long history of the Iberian Peninsula
- Port wine viticulture
- Cultural influences on the area’s art and architecture
- The European pilgrimage tradition
- Fado, flamenco and other music and dance traditionsThese presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Dining and Cuisine
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
Visit port wine making facilities along the Douro, tour Lisbons Bairro Alto, dine at a centuries-old monastery converted to a museum, enjoy a Portuguese folkloric show and a Spanish flamenco performance, and tour the Mateus Palace and its spectacular gardens. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the long history of the Iberian Peninsula, port wine viticulture, cultural influences on the areas art and architecture, the European pilgrimage tradition, and Fado, flamenco and other music and dance traditions. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Services aboard Viking Torgil
While you are aboard a Viking ship, you enjoy myriad services, from shipwide wi-fi service to laundry to complimentary bottled water.
An onboard daily newsletter, Viking Daily, featuring information about daily activities, shore excursions and tour departure times is delivered to your stateroom every evening
- Built: 2014
- Length: 262 ft.
- Passenger Capacity: 106
- Crew: 36
- Decks: 4
- Staterooms: 53
Currently the information on these cruises are not available online. Please contact us for more information on this ship.