View all Viking Gullveig cruises by clicking the ‘Cruises’ tab above, view our handpicked selection of Viking river cruise deals, or view more options for Viking River Cruises. Need help? Call our river cruise experts on 13 13 03 or contact us.
Gullveig – Powerful Norse Seer
Her name means “gold branch.” This beautiful, beguiling Norse sorceress loves and desires nothing more than gold. When she leaves the realm of the Vanir gods and travels to Asgard, home of the Aesir gods, in search of gold, Gullveig talks of nothing else. Worried by her gold-lust, the Aesir cast her into the fire three times. Each time she rises from the flame brighter and more beautiful. When she then returns to the Vanir, they vow to avenge her mistreatment, and so begins the fabled war between the worlds.
Viking Gullveig Features
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (2 Explorer Suites, 7 Veranda Suites, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms)
- All suites feature two rooms with a veranda off the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun deck with 360-degree views and shaded sitting area; organic herb garden and solar panels; putting green, chess and walking track!
- Aquavit Terrace with a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship and grills for al fresco dining!
- Observation lounge and bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library corner and onboard boutique
- Free shipwide wireless internet service
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40″ flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, National Geographic and more>
For breakfast onboard Viking Gullveig, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you cruise onboard a Viking ship, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
While you are aboard Viking Gullveig, you enjoy a myriad of services, from shipwide Wi-Fi service to laundry to complimentary bottled water. An onboard daily newsletter, Viking Daily, featuring information about daily activities, shore excursions and tour departure times is delivered to your stateroom every evening.
Hands-on demonstrations, cooking classes, traditional dance performances, and local tastings. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the Dutch Masters or French impressionists, castles along the Rhine Valley, the formation of the European Union, the life and works of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the wine and cuisine of southern France, and key words and phrases in the local language wherever you are travelling. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.